Want to make more money in your small business? Who doesn’t?
More often than not when entrepreneurs think of boosting their bottom line, they consider things that are pretty tough: developing new products or services, paying for advertising to fill the funnel.
But, there are better ways to go about it that won’t take too much time, and most of them won’t cost you much. And some are pretty easy and simple!
In this article I’m going to share with you my secrets on how to get your small business to make money and be more profitable.
You Might Also Like:
Repurpose Content to Attract More Clients
How to Make More Money in Your Small Business
1. Show up daily where your perfect paying customer is hanging out and share content that actually helps them. If you’re unsure about this, it might be a good time to go over questions like “What does my target audience need?” and “What can I offer to help them?”. ⠀
2. Make it easy for people to find you! The amount of times I speak to someone who is trying to build an audience on social media, but have their business page hidden from their main profile and no bio to explain who they help and how is astonishing!⠀
Make it clear who you are, what you do, and for who. This goes for all social media platforms!⠀
3. Do more than just ‘post and pray‘ To help your small business to make money you need to have real conversations with your audience to get to know them better, understand their needs and to build their trust in you.⠀
4. Make regular small ‘asks’ of your audience to get them used to taking action, for example – asking them questions, asking them to contact you, or asking them to access a certain free training you want them to see. Remind people that you’re around!
5. Keep a list of those you talk to who you think are potential future clients you can help and keep in touch with them regularly. No-one likes the icky sales person who only pops up when they have something to sell!⠀
Actually enjoy getting to know your audience and building relationships with them – I know I do! ⠀
Online Sales Calls Training Course
Learn how to convert more sales and discovery calls
6. Put your offers out there – more than once! Your potential customers can’t do Jedi mind tricks to magically know when you have something to buy. ⠀⠀
You need to let them know! AND you need to keep posting/talking about it so enough people see. One lonely little post is not enough!
7. Take time to find and meet new people. If you are at the beginning of your business so are time rich and money poor, your time is better off spent having as many conversations as you can. ⠀
Even if you are more established in business you should still be making time each month to water and grow your existing network. As I like to say to my clients and community online: “Your network is your net worth”!
Relationships truly are the most valuable asset in your business and will help you to make more money in your small business.
8. Shake things up every now and again and don’t be afraid to go ‘off-piste’! Do something a little bit different, wild or fun… Think of it that way: No one wants to buy from a clone. Don’t be afraid to be unique.⠀
Your audience will love it and the new lease of life it will give you will come across energetically which always leads to more sales.⠀
9. Be consistent – it sounds boring I know, but if you cannot stick at anything consistently you won’t just not get the results, but you’ll never be able to establish what is working in your business.⠀
If you don’t know which things are creating the sales, then it will be very tricky to increase or accelerate your sales growth long-term.⠀
10. Be supportive of others, this may not be a traditional sales activity but being supportive and kind to others will go a long way in creating sustainable sales success in your business. Trust me, I know what I’m talking about!⠀
So there you have it, my top ways to help your business make more money!